USAA Auto Appraiser I (Fairfield County of CT) in Remote, United States
Purpose of Job
CANDIDATE WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE FAIRFIELD COUNTY AREA OF CONNECTICUT AND SHOULD RESIDE IN THIS COUNTY
We are currently seeking talented Auto Appraiser I for our Fairfield County of CT facility.
Provides moderately complex to complex auto appraisal service face-to-face directly with members and third party customers in the field. Builds USAA's financial strength by assessing and documenting vehicle damage to ensure claims payment accuracy and delivery of exceptional member experiences. Works under minimal supervision to perform work assignments and problem resolution.
- Evaluates and appraisers moderately complex to complex 1st and 3rd party material damage losses in accordance with the terms and conditions of the contract, corporate guidelines and insurance laws and regulations.
- Acquires and applies proficient knowledge of P&C insurance industry products, services, and processes to include P&C insurance policy contracts and coverages, auto parts distribution process and USAA claim appraisal process and procedures.
- Serves as a resource to less experienced team members on escalated issues of a routine nature.
- Delivers exceptional member experiences by communicating via the appropriate channel with the customer and through integrated solutions.
- High School Diploma/General Equivalency Diploma
- 2 or more years material damage estimating experience
- Current insurance appraiser/adjuster license or ability to obtain within a designated number or attempts (if applicable)
- Connecticut Appraisers License
- 2+ years Pathways experience
- Reside in the Fairfield County area of Connecticut
- Working knowledge of estimating and total loss evaluation systems
- Current knowledge of auto repair process
Computer literate in a Windows operating environment
Ability to meet all USAA Safe Driving Requirements to include verification of driving record through MVR & possession of valid driver’s license
I-CAR Platinum certification
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
Auto Appraiser I (Fairfield County of CT) ZZ-Remote R0021077